SetupExplorer revision history
Known Bugs and Issues
4.1 (8.0) - new Windows server group editor for easy mass membership
New Windows server group editor (Extract accounts
with one of the User definable AD-buttons, then right-click in the
grid and select "Get all groups from current server").
Manage all kinds of security and distribution
Modify group membership for many accounts at
once (Select range, then right-click and select "Remove",
"Add" or "Set primary").
4.0 (7.5) - support for Linux w. openLDAP, create, delete and bulk
modify AD, eDirectory and Linux accounts in common GUI
- Windows and Novell user definable xD buttons improvements:
- Create accounts based on SetupBatcher script* (Right click and
select "Create" in popup menu, then fill out user-defined
- Delete one or many accounts based on SetupBatcher script* (Select
single account or range, right click and select "Delete"
in popup menu).
- Added popup menu shortcuts for showing all properties and editing
(Right click and select in popup menu).
- Edit many accounts at once (Select range, then right click and
- Windows only: can now read almost all account flags and also display
password age and expired passwords with "Yes", "No (number of days
left)" or "Never".
- Windows "Explore" improvements:
- Possible to edit Logon hours by clicking in the "Hours"
column (Click "Explore", click "More" or click
first column to quick explore, select "Edit" mode, click
in "Hours" column for user).
- Possible to edit description (Click "Explore", click
in "comment" column for user).
- Windows: after account deleted (Delete button in delete mode)
- error when clicking "More", "WTS" or "AD"
or access violation when clicking "Explore" in group view.
*) a script makes it possible to create/delete not only accounts but
also directories, shares, set rights etc. at the same time.
Possible to edit "User must change password at
next logon" by clicking in the "Password expired" column.
(Click "Explore", click "More" or click first
column to quick explore, select "Edit" mode, click in "PW
expired" column for user.)
3.0 (6.0) - support for Novell NetWare and GroupWise, edit AD properties
- Novell functions:
- User definable ND-buttons - get any combination of ND properties
at once from one server
- Show all ND properties for one account
- Compare all ND properties for two accounts
- Edit ND properties in both the user defined view and in the
"all ND properties for one account" view.
- Improved user definable AD buttons:
- Edit AD properties in both the user defined view and in the
"all AD properties for one account" view.
- Improvement in "normal" account / group / share view:
- Was not possible to see long text due to too small column widths.
Workaround: click a cell and wait a second. (Unfortunately the
underlaying design makes it very difficult to automatically set
column sizes from longest string or allow the user to manually